Speed 3 is more shoe than a traditional racing flat with decent race cushioning. The stats are 6.9 oz, 14mm midfoot/18mm heel 4mm drop. This marvel can be for many. including me, a fabulous 5K-Half racer. For the fleet footed and light or flatter courses a sensational and one would have to say, proven marathon shoe.
|Skechers GoMeb Speed 3|
While the GoMeb Speed 3 is Meb's shoe I can say that Skechers listens to its middle of the pack testers most closely. I have been amazed by their rapid iteration of changes, their careful listening and responding, and their follow through. It was a thrill to see some of the shoes I tested, and others, almost ready for production for Spring 15 at their booth. Lots of exciting shoes coming from Skechers.
Back to the GOmeb Speed 3 and a comparison to the GOmeb Speed 2 now on the market. First as people will ask the GOmeb Speed 3 will be available sometime in January but... there will be a special NY Marathon available in November.
Seth Hasty, a grassroots coordinator for Skechers Performance and the founder of the Running Shoe Geeks Group on Facebook gave me the tour and compared the Speed 2 to Speed 3. Read on to discover the differences.
|Skechers GOMeb Speed 2 (left) Gomeb Speed 3 (right)|
- The GOmeb Speed 3, at right with white outsole, has a bit wider midsole in the forefoot than the 2.
- The blue GOimpulse sensors are rearranged. I like to see that the rear most sensors are moved back. I know I get back on my heels a more when tired and it looks like Meb likes a bit more of rear landing zone too!
- The shank seem through the midfoot has a larger opening to the ground and is changed from Hytrel to Dupont Delrin
- The heel has sharper taper.
- The upper has new overlays. A very sharp look in my opinion.
|Skechers GOMeb Speed 2 (top Gomeb Speed 3 (bottom)|