- As a 30 year plus trail runner I will be looking at the latest trail running gear. I will certainly check out Inov-8, Salomon, and my local favorite Timberland which is announcing products designed in conjunction with GoLite.
- I have been trying wool as a baselayer and will be curious to see the new lighter weight fabrics. I still find wool a bit warm in summer.
- As I approaching 50 and still super active I will be looking to see how companies are addressing the older active outdoor person. It's not just a youth market and the baby boomers have the bucks and the time to enjoy the outdoors. A few specifics I will be looking for: over RX sunglasses, kayak/canoe hybrids such as those from Native (met the New England rep on the plane out) for flyfishing which are also more stable
- I am fascinated by materials and will look for new approaches to fabrication which reduce weight and are functional in new ways.
- As a loyal New Englander I will check out the locals who have trekked West.
- Finally, I will look for truly innovative products and will seek out TrailFlex which is introducing a modular backpack system from hydration endurance to multiday backpack (wilderness or business travel...) which I really could have used on this trip out West.
Thursday, August 10, 2006
Outdoor Retailer Summer Market 2006
I will be reporting live from Summer Market the next few days. While never sure what goodies I will discover I am planning on following up on several themes.